Thursday, July 10, 2008

We can change the cause of our lives


IT is fascinating to note that you can change course of the journey in your life to make your life better or worse. That comes as an assessment at the end of each year and beginning of each new year. Each one of us strives to live a better or worse life in things we get ourselves involved in everyday.
At the start of each new year, we make unequivocal promises to quit some of our old habits to proceed in a new course that would lead us to live better lives. I hope each one of you has that opportunity to do so before the year 2008 begins. I’ve done that over the years and succeeded in some while I failed miserably in others. On January 1, at 12 midnight, I made two new year resolutions. I decided not to 1, take alcohol 2, have sex outside of marriage. I only chose two new year resolutions because I don’t comply when I have more. If I were a politician, a bureaucratic, or a public servant my new year resolution would be to minimise corruption, mismanagement, nepotism, and finally say no to bribery. If we all had new year resolutions to minimize some of our pressing issues that are consuming the fabrics of our societies, I think we would see significant changes at the end of 2008. It’s only the beginning of the year and I hope you’re coping with the pressing temptations as a result of quitting some of your worst habits. You’ve made a right choice so stand firm. I am already feeling the pitch of having a good SP beer with my friends on the weekend. Unless I walk to the store and get it with my hands, I will still stand firm on my new year resolution in the years ahead.
I hope you can do it too!

– David Ketepa Ulg

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home