Wednesday, January 28, 2009

PNG's Hit Song - O Mama (mother)



Papua New Guinea music, ROCKS big Time


When I was in Papua New Guinea last November (2008), I love listening to one of the, I guess well composed songs, "O mama" from Owa Units Band from their volume one album. It totally blew my mind off when I was listening to it. It is a big hit on the PNG airwaves and hope the guys will make a name for themselves on the PNG music scene.

The song really talks about how mothers around PNG and worldwide normally do to raise us and our siblings. Even though, I am miles and miles away from home; the song, 'O mama' keeps me closer to sweet Mount Hagen and off course Ambma (mother).

All you mothers out there, YOU GUYS ROCK BIG TIME.


Click here to listen to the song, " O mama (mother)" from Owa Units Band. (The video is put together by Giluweowa, courtesy of YouTube)



Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro David.

Late last year 2008, I lost my mum. And a Godly brother prayed for me on the phone from Shengyang in China and sent me a clip song and asked me to have a listern. And he sent me this song. I stood up in my room and cried. He later called me and asked whether I cried and I said yes. Then he told me that the tears I dropped was for my mother and I should be strong now. I appreciate you for putting up the song because I lost mine. Now I can download and listern to it.

And by the way, thanks for picking up my call last time.

God bless

Mathew

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home