Thursday, May 14, 2009


"BEING ME"

By Lapieh Landu*

Born into a blend of different worlds

Life was always baffling

Where one part of me went its own way

And the other a different direction


Equality seemed accessible in my home

As love knitted us together

Where our differences didn't matter

Or impeded in our normality of life

Confused was all I became

Longing to know my mother tongue


And my father's ethnicity


It brought me further into the darkness


Where I was lost and twisted


An outcast in my own country


Not physically but physiologically

Has my name any significance?


Or my 'pasin' a curse passed down by my forefathers?


With the narrow possessions imparted in me


I stand among many others who like me


Longing to find our distinctiveness; our myths


Our identity

Landu is a student at Divine Word University in Madang, PNG @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home